Board Certified Criminal Defense Attorney
As you now know, being arrested and taken to jail on a criminal charge is quite an ordeal. Unfortunately, it is not over yet. Now you must face a prosecutor and a judge in a state or federal court. Serious charge. Serious consequences. I can help.
After working as a Research Attorney for the Texas Court of Criminal Appeals, I began my law practice in 1981. I specialize in the defense of criminal cases, and I have received board certification in criminal law. During my career I have handled all sorts of criminal cases, including cases like yours.
I can lead you through the legal process.
Once retained, I gather information about your case. This includes speaking with witnesses, examining the offense reports, and speaking with the prosecutor.
I then advise you about your case, including possible defensive strategies and the existence of any plea bargain offer by the prosecutor. You and I will chart a course of action for the case.
Finally, I represent you in court, seeing your case through to disposition.
Call me for a free telephone consultation at 512-472-1950.
I will be happy to speak with you about your case or schedule an appointment.
- Theft and Fraud
- Drug Crimes
- Marijuana Possession
- Cocaine Possession
- Heroin Possession
- Methamphetamine Possession
- Gun Crimes
- Assault and Family Violence
- State Jail Felonies
- Hot Checks
- White Collar Crimes
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Criminal Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization , 1987
- Re-Certified in 1992, 1997, 2002, 2007
- Texas, 1978
- U.S. District Court Western District of Texas, 1981
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit, 1986
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1991
- The University of Texas School of Law, Austin, Texas, May, 1978
- J.D. With Honors
- University of Texas, Austin, Texas, May, 1974
- B.A. with High Honors
- Phi Beta Kappa
Professional Association and Memberships:
- Austin Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- Texas Legal Protection Plan
- Williamson County Bar Association
Past Employment Positions:
- Texas Court of Criminal Appeals, Briefing Attorney, 1978-1979
- Texas Court of Criminal Appeals, Research Attorney, 1979-1981
- Born October 26, 1950 – Bryan, Texas